Thursday 9 June 2011

play it Sam, for the sake of html5!

This morning as I opened google.com to search for the address of a garage that could check the tires of my car I hit upon yet another cool google logo (see pic).

I was wondering what it was and as I accidentally passed the mouse over it music started playing. I thought it was really funny: the chords vibrate, sound comes out. Cute. Spent 35 seconds playing and went on with my business.

It was not until 20 mins later when I was checking my feeds that I learned from business insider that the stylish guitar I had been "playing" earlier on was done in html5 as a showcase of this new technology.

I had read a bit about html5 and the hype it is causing and how it is going to change the web and forever ditch flash in the process.

Well, I must say my first experience with html5 has not been a blast: although it works fine on my PC, I cannot get the guitar to make a sound on my Ipad...

Unless I am doing something wrong, suddenly html5 does not look much better than flash...

No comments:

Post a Comment